Saturday, March 2, 2013

3d Printing

As a result of the surface manipulation grid that i performed, I was particular interested in the combination of twisting and rippling the geometry of the guitar.  The resulting surface:





A concern I have is the pocket in the surface that has been developed and getting powder out of it.  As this surface developed, I wanted to make sure to maintain the original seems of the guitar corner.  These seams help to give variation in the surface.  Another thing I was particularly interesting is the effect of melting on this surface.  As I explored this effect, I was surprised to see how well the geometry held up to the modification.


3 comments:

  1. Solid job. I like how you twisted the geometry around its centroidal axis, forming a different object from the first object's surface. I also like that the first and third images remind me of the rock cliffs in the deserts out west, but the second and fourth images remind me of a bird. It's interesting to me that an image can look completely different from different perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the animation you made, and the actual melting of your object.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your solid object is really a distortion from your previous model. I think you were right that I kind of missed the mark by keeping my object so similar.

    ReplyDelete