Friday, April 26, 2013

Exploration

Beginning to think about how I might begin to further abstract the RGB data I have been interested in, I wanted to think of a way I might be able to use a color image to abstract into 3d space.  As a first test, I wanted to see the effect of a process of taking an image, abstracting it down to individual pixels.  Once at this level, reading these pixels from left to right.  Each pixel would contribute an RGB value that would generate the position of an individual vertex.  Following the order of pixels, a bezier curve was then drawn to connect all of these points, the result being the 3d "spline" shown below.  The images shown were a manual test to see what the resulting form may be.  Ultimately I would like to make a parametric model for this operation which would allow for a bigger data list to be utilized.  Another parameter I would be interested in adding, would be to make the thickness of the spline be dependent on the distance between subsequent points.





No comments:

Post a Comment